Did you know that there are 1000+ postdocs at Harvard Medical School (HMS) and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)? When the affiliate hospitals and research institutions in the Longwood Medical Area are included, we number over 5000! Together, we are the major drivers of the biomedical research enterprise and, as such, we can be each other’s best resource.
The goal of the Harvard Medical Postdoc Association (HMPA) is to unite postdocs in their common interests and shared concerns in order to improve the postdoctoral experience at HMS and HSDM. To achieve this goal, the HMPA works to:
- connect postdocs to one another through mailing lists and in-person events
- inform postdocs about intramural and extramural resources
- create opportunities for career development and networking
- build a sense of community amongst postdocs
- serve as a voice for postdocs.
We encourage you to take advantage of what the HMPA offers by exploring our new website, joining our mailing lists, and attending our events. Our governing board of volunteer postdocs works hard to make a difference, and we are always open to new members and new ideas.
I look forward to what we can accomplish together!
Rebeccah Lijek, Ph.D.
Chair, Governing Board
Harvard Medical Postdoc Association